1. Do I need a Passport to visit Costa Rica? A valid passport is mandatory to enter Costa Rica.
2. Do I need Visa to visit Costa Rica? Depending on your country of origin, you may enter Costa Rica without a visa. USA, Canada and most European countries enjoy this privilege. For more information, please visit: VISAS
3. Can I enter Costa Rica with one way ticket? Whether traveling by air, land, or sea, all visitors must have an entry and exit ticket in order to enter the country.
4. Do I need an International Driver´s lincense to drive a car in Costa Rica? With a legal driver's license, you are allowed to drive for three months.
5.Can I get Married in Costa Rica? What documents do I need? Non-residents may get married in Costa Rica. Required documents include: - original birth certificate - affidavit of single status - police record - valid passport - divorce decree (if applicable). These documents must follow the authentication procedure before being taken to Costa Rica.
6. Is the water drinkable in Costa Rica? The water is potable in most of the country. However, we recommend bottled water, especially in areas around the coast.
7. What is the currency in Costa Rica? The colón is the currency of Costa Rica. US dollars and major credit cards are also widely accepted. CLICK HERE to Check the dollar exchange
8. Are credit cards acepted in Costa Rica? All major credit cards are widely accepted. ATM machines are located throughout the country.
9. What kind of inoculation do I have to take to visit Costa Rica? Starting on July 30, 2007, the Costa Rican authorities will demand that all travelers from the following countries possess a yellow fever vaccination certificate: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Bolivia, Venezuela, Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, and the Republic of Guyana. NOW a negative Covid 19 test is needed.
10. Do I need an electric adapter? Outlets are 110 V, with standard US two prong plugs.
11. What documents are required to enter with a pet in Costa Rica? Dogs and cats entering Costa Rica must have a health certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian, endorsed by a veterinarian service (VS) veterinarian. The examination for the certificate must be conducted within the two weeks prior to traveling to Costa Rica. The required vaccinations are: distemper, hepatitis, lestospirosis, parvovirus and rabies (for animals 4 months or older).
12. How much is the departure tax? Departure tax is US$29.00, which can be paid in US Dollars, colones or with a credit card. Check if your air line included this tax in the final rate.
13. How can I get a working visa? You must apply for a working visa at the Costarican Consulate. Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores y Culto (rree.go.cr)
14. Which National Parks are wheel chair accesable? Poas Volvano, Irazu Volcano (Craters), Manuel Antonio, Carara, Santa Rosa.
15. If I decided to stay longer than 90 days, can I get a visa while I am there? At the end of 90 days, you must leave the country. Upon returning to Costa Rica, the permit will be renewed automatically for 90 more days.
16. Are there domestc airlines to fligh arround in Costa Rica? You can contact SANSA (506)2221-9414
**Contact Us for privite flights
17. What is the sales taxes in Costa Rica? Sales tax is 13%
18. Are there english newpaper in Costa Rica? The Tico Times. www.ticotimes.net (506)2258-1558
19. Can I use my cellphone in Costa Rica? If you want to use a cell phone in Costa Rica, you must bring an UNLOCKED cell phone and buy a SIM prepaid card at the ICE (the national telecommunications company) booth in the baggage section of the airport (or in a telephone company office in any city around the country). The unlocked cell phone must be a quad-band GSM or 3G handset or at least have an 850 or 1800 mHz band. Most US phones use 950 mHz. Motorola and Sony Ericcson are brands that have models with the right bands. At the airport ICE booth, you can ask for the different SIM prepaid cards they offer and it will be inserted in your handset. Some of them will include internet access.
20. What is included in a car rental price in Costa Rica? When you are sent a quote or the reservation notice for a car, it is recommended that you ask about the cost of insurance and taxes, as well as the amount of the deductible that will be charged to the credit card or security deposit. Similarly, if you reserve with a franchise, the best advice is to contact the franchise office here in Costa Rica.